Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Reunited with love

Rumor has it, there's a piano practice room in the music department. It never occurred to me to search for one because I didn't think the department was big enough to hold practice rooms. That and i've only heard a pianos playing as accompaniments for singing classes. Today I decided to go on my quest for the practice room. I walked all around the department, asked a bunch of random people, visited a bunch of wrong locations, and then...

I cracked open a door to which I was directed and had always assumed to be just another office at the end of a discrete hallway and a burst of cool air greeted me...along with.......lots and lots of pianos! *Swoon* where has this room been all my life! It's like a secret club, and only if you're determined enough to play piano, will you be able to find it. It's this small room with about fifteen digital pianos crammed into it. There were lots of people there. I grabbed an empty spot, put on the headphones and touched a keyboard for the first time in 2 1/2 months. I think that's the longest I've ever gone without playing a piano. I messed around on it for an hour and a half before my next class. It was sooo nice to play again. (Kind of wish I brought some music now.) Well after this belated discovery, you'll know where I'll be in my spare time! =P

Speaking of spare time...I've come to realize that I don't have as much of it as I'd like to. I don't know how it happened, but I'm taking six classes, giving me 20 hours of class a week. Ok. I know there are some crazies out there who take a buttload of classes and end up with 20 units somehow or the other, but that's not my thing. Iono what happened. Maybe it just seems exhausting because I have 8 hours of class from 9:30AM to 7:30PM on Tuesdays and 6 hours on Thursdays, and I come home feeling so exhausted. Anyway, it's the end of a loooong day.

Looking forward to the long Easter weekend. We don't get spring break, but we get this Friday and Monday off. I'm going to travel to Togo and hopefully Benin this weekend. =) Time to brush up on my French! ( i knew it'd be useful someday...)


No comments:

Post a Comment