Friday, March 26, 2010

Since everyone else is doing it...


I feel like I just got a facelift. I don't know what a facelift actually feels like, but I'd imagine it's something like what I'm feeling now. I got my head braided/corn rowed. I wasn't planning on getting it done cause it's so cliche for a foreigner to come to Africa and get braids. Everyone was doing it. And it's sorta a hit and miss thing. It either looks good on you, or it really doesn't. But alas. i figure...when else would i do this? and for $14! So off i went after class, dragging my friend Phebe along with me who helped me get an awesome deal. One woman started braiding at 4:30pm. Halfway through, there were three women crowded over me, braiding away. If it weren't for the team work, I probably would have been at the salon for much longer. Lucky me got to leave at 9:30pm!! Yeah. i sat there for 5 hours, staring off into space, listening to radio songs replay for the 3rd time from neighboring bars. I feel like i wasted 5 hours of my life. It turned out pretty cool though. And I have long hair again. =) I can't do much with it now styling-wise because my scalp is in a lot of pain, but in a few days it'll be alright. Gonna have fun trying to sleep tonight. The experts have been advising that i pop a few advils before bed.
(Yeah, I look kinda psycho. but it's about the hair, remember...)





2 comments:

  1. Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha.....
    Wish you have a very very very nice sleep! zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

    Love,
    Mama

    ReplyDelete
  2. YOU FINALLY GOT IT DONE!!!! you've wanted to for so long now, lol =D

    ReplyDelete