Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Back!!

I got back yesterday from a 6-day educational tour to the Northern Region last night. What a journey. I want to write all about it, but i also want to have lots of pictures to go with my post. I'm definitely in travel-mode. I feel like i can conquer any long distance trip now. Got super dirty. So much dust and sweat! The north is very very hot. Hotter than the south believe it or not. =P I'm hoping to make a trip to Togo soon, although I'll probably wait a bit since they just had their elections so it's not safe. Hoping to go to Green Turtle Lodge this weekend, which is towards the west. People have been raving about this place. You get to camp out in tents right on the beach. It's turtle egg hatching season, so maybe i'll catch them in action while I'm there. =)

I feel pretty lame because I haven't posted as much as I'd like to. Ariel wrote and said it seems like she's only gotten a peek at what I've been experiencing here. I'm trying! I have all these posts thought up in my head: gender roles, sugar families, religion, food, music, market adventures, etc etc etc. But internet is a real pain. Wireless in my room (i'm lucky to even get wireless in my room) is unpredictable. I'm not usually on campus long enough to use the computers there, but when I do, the internet is always sooo incredibly slow or the internet is down altogether. Also, we experience power outages about once every week and a half. They're usually short outages that only last a few hours. But about once a month, the power will go out for three to four days at a time before it comes back on. That means no internet. =P Well i still have have a little over 2 months left to catch up on posts. Can you believe I've been here for TWO months?! It's insane. Time is FLYING. i really wish I could stay for another semester. I feel like I've only just got comfortable and familiar with things. If it weren't for all you people back in the States who I miss so incredibly much, I'd probably never go back! =P

Here's a teaser from my trip. Stay tuned!


3 comments:

  1. hi joc!! just to hello :] it's good to hear from you. ur pictures are amazing! and i totally remember feeling so limited with internet. i'm sure you're gonna massively appreciate it when you come back :P

    ReplyDelete
  2. i approve of this post. :P

    hahaha. can't wait to hear more!!!

    (btdubs. i like the kid in the front of the jumping boy. he's tight. i like his little hand gestures. kinda like. "yo. i'm the man." if only he wasn't looking the wrong direction...)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Why are you still so pale??! Gotta lay off the 80 spf a little. Seriously! I´ve gotten a tan in just a few days here in Xela :)

    Love,
    R

    ReplyDelete