Monday, March 29, 2010

Handoff Ceremony

I'm supposed to be writing a portion of an NGO manual right now, but I think I'll blog instead.

Last night was the social work department's handoff ceremony, where the current department executives pass their duty over to the new executives. Being a part of the ceremony made me feel all the more integrated into the school and my department. I can't really say I played a role in electing the newbs because the department wouldn't let foreign students vote last week. A lot of boring speeches, but yummy food and of course dancing afterwards. Music and dance is such a large part of ghanaian culture, that at almost every event there will be music and dancing. That's one of the main reasons why i love Ghanaian culture. The rich artsy aspect of it. I especially love it when they bust out into traditional dance.


Some pictures:

The girls getting ready



Dance dance


(PS...LOOK HOW MANY BLOG ENTRIES I'M WRITING! Hopefully I'm giving you a better picture of my experience here. )

1 comment:

  1. YESSSSSS. i am loving it. :) thanks!!!!

    dood. you look pretty tight in braids. not gonna lie. you should make it a more permanent look. :P haha!

    ReplyDelete