Saturday, February 27, 2010

Satisfaction

I FOUND CHINESE FOOD!!!!!!

I went to the Accra mall on Friday (a mini America. It was an amazing discovery during my first few weeks in Ghana when I was feeling ridiculously homesick, but now it just seems excessive). They have a small food court with overpriced food, but...HOME food. There's pizza, mexican food, AND Chinese food. All the workers are Ghanaian. =P The food of course doesn't really taste like legit chinese food, but close enough to make my stomach growl and my mouth water. I got hot and sour soup and pan fried noodles with vegetables. YUM! I spent 9 cedi (about $6.20), which is pretty outrageous considering that most of my meals are around 1 or 2 cedi (70 cents to $1.40). But well WELL worth it. I am so tempted to go back every week! Afterwards, i went to Shoprite and bought a 1 cedi loaf of banana bread, taxi-ed home, ate a dessert feast with friends, and then watched an excellent Ghanaian play on campus called Desert Dreams. I was very impressed and enjoyed myself thoroughly. What a pampered night. =)

1 comment:

  1. hehe
    How about Fried Rice with Shrimp?
    Lemon Chicken?
    chicken and Corn Soup?
    Beijing Roasted Ducking?
    Drunken Chicken?
    hehehe....
    love m

    ReplyDelete