Saturday, January 16, 2010

Some of Dubai

Thank you guys for your encouraging comments and prayers. i love hearing from you guys.

Here's a picture post of what I've been up to.

DUBAI: 12 hour layover.



The very nice airport. Complete with neon lights and large waterfalls.




Went to the Dubai Mall, the largest in the world! Yeah...that's an AQUARIUM in the middle of the mall.



...and a waterfall...



The Burj Dubai! The tallest in the world. It officially opened the day before I arrived! It's pretty ridiculous. There was even a fancy water show synchronized to music on the waterfront outside the mall, in front of the Burj. (Sportaholic, you woulda loooved it.)

I've never been to Vegas,but from the pictures and movies I've seen, Dubai reminds me of Vegas. There are SO many massive buildings with CRAZY cool architecture designs. I was also surprised by its cleanliness. Super clean. At least in the places I went.

I wanted to post all my pictures up, but it takes forever to load them. If anyone knows how to make the picture size smaller to speed up the uploading process, lemme know. Ghana pictures to come.

peace and love

5 comments:

  1. I saw your dad on Friday night at the international student thing and he said hi ema and i was happy he remembered me :) he told me about you getting sick and said you had written a blog so that's why i checked it.
    i'm so glad you're recovering!! the beginning's probably gonna be the hardest but you'll probably get used to things there... i miss you!! i don't want you to come home though haha i want you to get the most out of being there. in italy last time sometimes i wanted to come home and felt miserable but now i don't remember those times very well... but it wasn't nearly as bad as you cuz i didn't get sick like you did and it's not crazy weather and stuff... i will pray for you, i hope your time gets better and you make friends that can support you (that are physically) close to you. i love you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. p.s. dubai looks crazy, i wanna see it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. jealous! i want to visit dubai. and i've been to vegas. dubai looks a million times cooler than vegas!!!! and i'm not exaggerating.

    ReplyDelete
  4. joc!! oh my! dubai looks so GLAM! haha really good to hear from you. thinking of you joc!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Joy,

    The Burj Dubai reminds me about the Tower of Babel. :):(

    BTW, could you read Zu4 Ni3 Lu3 Tu2 An1 Chuan2 Yu2 Kuai4? That's how you prounce these words in the previous message! :)

    Love and miss you!
    Mom

    ReplyDelete